Icelandair exhibits revenue of USD 13.7 million in Q2 – Highest since 2016.
- EBIT of USD 20.9 million, up by USD 19.6 million year-on-year.
- EBIT ratio 5%, bettering by 4.7 share factors between years.
Revenue of USD 13.7 million in comparison with USD 3.8 million in Q2 final 12 months.
- Document working revenue of USD 414.2 million, rising by 26% year-on-year
- Document Q2 unit income (RASK) of 8.6 US cents, rising by 8% year-on-year
- Leasing income up 41% year-on-year leading to robust protability.
- Capability elevated by 17% year-on-year within the passenger community 2 million passengers carried; 19% greater than in Q2 final 12 months.
- Load issue of 83.6%, particularly robust demand on North American routes Sturdy working money ow leading to highest ever liquidity place of USD 521.2 million.
- Ahead bookings for the subsequent six months robust and above final 12 months.
Bogi Nils Bogason, President & CEO stated: “Due to the excellent work of our staff, we’re proud to ship the strongest leads to the second quarter since 2016. Attaining a prot of USD 13.7 million was pushed by document passenger income, traditionally excessive load issue, and improved yields in all our markets. Decrease gas prices as a result of efciency of the Boeing 737 MAX plane and decrease gas costs additionally contributed positively to the outcomes. As well as, our leasing enterprise continued to carry out very nicely and ship robust protability.
Delays in upkeep tasks and implementation of plane led to plane scarcity which we addressed by leasing extra plane in June to make sure the reliability of our formidable ight schedule. This led to one-off prices that negatively impacted the Q2 outcomes. Our cargo operation remained difficult, however we rmly imagine that we’ll flip it round inside the subsequent few months with our robust deal with restoring protability. Bearing this in thoughts, the Q2 outcomes reveal a powerful underlying nancial efficiency and provides us nice condence for the longer term.
All in all, the rst six months of the 12 months have been eventful as we’ve got ready for our largest ight schedule but in the case of the variety of locations and frequency of ights. We launched ve new locations, applied six new plane, carried 1.8 million passengers and recruited and educated nearly 1,200 staff.
The prospects for the second half of the 12 months stay favorable with continued robust bookings, significantly from North America. Demand for ights to and from Iceland has been robust over the previous months. Capability by Keavik airport has additionally elevated sharply to twenty% above pre-Covid ranges this summer season and much more into subsequent winter. This improvement is anticipated to affect yields and income progress in some markets within the second half of the 12 months. Nevertheless, we’re nicely geared up to adapt to market circumstances at any given time with our precious infrastructure, very robust liquidity, and wonderful workforce of staff. Our EBIT margin forecast for the total 12 months stays unchanged within the 4-6% vary and we subsequently count on to ship internet prot for the total 12 months of 2023.”